The Greene County Council of Aging was established in January of 1985, and was charged with planning and coordinating existing services for older adults in Greene County. This group was instrumental in acquiring the current site and building for a Senior Center. Greene County Senior Services is a branch of Greene County Government. We serve Greene County Residents who are at least age 55 or older. Please contact the Senior Center for the Eligibility Requirements under each program.
To promote the Health, Well Being and Quality of Life for All Senior Citizens.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday from 7:30-5:00
Thursday Nights: 6:30-7:30 for Line Dancing & Exercise
From Raleigh: Take I 40 E/I-440 E/US-64 E. Take exit 14 toward Greenville/Wilson/Rocky Mount. Merge onto US-264 E toward NC-97/Wilson/Greenville.Take the NC-58 exit, Exit 49 toward Wilson/Kinston. Turn Right onto NC-58S. Turn Left onto US-13/NC-58. Continue To Follow NC-58. At the intersection of Hwy 13 S, take at left. Follow Hwy 13 S, going through Three stop lights-do not turn. 13 S Merges into Kingold Blvd. After you go through the 3rd Stop Light, the next crossroads will be the intersection of Kingold and Greenridge Road. There will be a sign at this intersection that is pointing to the left, and says Senior Center. Turn Left onto Greenridge Road at this intersection. The Senior Center, which is on 104 Greenridge Road, is on the left.
From Goldsboro: Take Hwy 13 S from Goldsboro to Snow Hill. Follow Hwy 13 S, going through Three stop lights-do not turn. 13 S Merges into Kingold Blvd. After you go through the 3rd Stop Light, the next crossroads will be the intersection of Kingold and Greenridge Road. There will be a sign at this intersection that is pointing to the left, and says Senior Center. Turn Left onto Greenridge Road at this intersection. The Senior Center, which is on 104 Greenridge Road, is on the left.
From Kinston: If coming in on 258S, take a left at the intersection of 258 & 58, (there will be a Bojangles on the corner). Take the next right, which will be 3rd Street. We are on the 3rd block on the left, at the corner of the intersection of 3rd Street, and Greenridge Road.
From Greenville: If coming in on US-264W/John P East FWY. take the Wesley Church Road Exit #66. Turn Left onto Wesley Church Road. Turn right at the intersection of US-258 & 264 Alt. Turn left at the stop light, staying on US-258 S. Take US 258 S to Snow Hill. There will be a stop light at the intersection of Hwy 91 and 258. Take a left at the stop light, into town. At the next stop light, go straight. You will see the County Court House on the right. Keep straight, and take a left onto 2nd Street. The Senior Center is on the corner of Greenridge Road, and 2nd Street. Center will be over on the right.
· Home Delivered Meals, Frozen Meals, Congregate Meals
· Fitness & Health Promotion-Exercise Equipment, Senior Games, Nutrition Classes, Chair Exercise, Line Dancing, Walking Club, Flu Shots, Matter of Balance, Senior Nutrition Classes, Evidenced Based Health Promotion Classes, Wii Fit, Wii Sports, TOPS
· Meal Supplement Program
· Health Screenings-Health Fairs, Blood Pressure, Vision & Hearing
· Insurance Counseling-SHIIP, Medicare Part-D, Medicare A & B, Supplement Plans, Health Insurance, Company Claims & Billing, Medicaid Assistance
· Tax Preparation/Counseling-AARP Tax Assistance
· Legal Services-Legal Aid of NC
· General & Medical Transportation Assistance
· Support Groups-Alzheimer’s & Care Givers
· Housing Assistance-Elder Housing Locator, Home Safety
· Reverse Mortgage Counseling
· Home Repair, Modification, Weatherization
· Social Security Benefits-Online Enrollment
· Job Training-Employment 55 & Beyond through Title V
· Job Placement-NC Job Link, Employment Security
· Disaster Preparedness, Planning, Response-Assistance with Special Needs Registry, Fire Safety, Emergency Kits
· Durable Medical/Assistive Devices-Walkers, Canes, Wheelchairs, Tel-Cap Phones, Library of Blind
· Hospice Care & Education
· Abuse & Fraud-Elder Abuse Hot Line, Adult Protective Services, Identify Theft & Scam Workshops
· Energy-Free Fans, Low Income Energy Assistance
· Home Health, In-Home Aid-Information & Assistance
· Adult Day Care/Health-Information & Referral
· Mental Health-Information & Referral
· Long-Term Care Facility-Information & Assistance
· Rehabilitation Services-Information & Assistance
· Respite Care-Information & Assistance
· Crafts, Needle Work, Painting Classes
· Spades, Bridge
· Board Games
· Adult Basic Education
· Computer Classes
· Cable TV
· Men’s Group
· Senior Dances
· Seasonal Programs & Parties
Links of Interest