The Greene County Council of Aging was established in January of 1985, and was charged with planning and coordinating existing services for older adults in GreeneCounty. This group was instrumental in acquiring the current site and building for a Senior Center. Greene County Senior Services is a branch of Greene County Government. We serve Greene County Residents who are at least age 60 or older. Please contact the Senior Center for the Eligibility Requirements.
To promote the Health, Well Being and Quality of Life for All Senior Citizens.
Hours of Operation:
Mondays at 5PM-Beginner's Line Dancing Classes 6:30PM-Advanced Line Dancing Classes
4th Tues. at 5:30-Singles Mingle Singles Club Meeting
Some Weekend & Evening Hours for Special Events-Check Activity Calendar
From Raleigh: Take I 40 E/I-440 E/US-64 E. Take exit 14 toward Greenville/Wilson/Rocky Mount. Merge onto US-264 E toward NC-97/Wilson/Greenville.Take the NC-58 exit, Exit 49 toward Wilson/Kinston. Turn Right onto NC-58S. Turn Left onto US-13/NC-58. Continue To Follow NC-58. At the intersection of Hwy 13 S, take at left. Follow Hwy 13 S, going through Three stop lights-do not turn. 13 S Merges into Kingold Blvd. After you go through the 3rd Stop Light, the next crossroads will be the intersection of Kingold and Greenridge Road. There will be a sign at this intersection that is pointing to the left, and saysSenior Center. Turn Left onto Greenridge Road at this intersection. The Senior Center, which is on 104 Greenridge Road, is on the left.
From Goldsboro: Take Hwy 13 S from Goldsboro to Snow Hill. Follow Hwy 13 S, going through Three stop lights-do not turn. 13 S Merges into Kingold Blvd. After you go through the 3rdStop Light, the next crossroads will be the intersection of Kingold and Greenridge Road. There will be a sign at this intersection that is pointing to the left, and says SeniorCenter. Turn Left onto Greenridge Road at this intersection. The Senior Center, which is on 104 Greenridge Road, is on the left.
From Kinston: If coming in on 258S, take a left at the intersection of 258 & 58, (there will be a Bojangles on the corner). Take the next right, which will be 3rd Street. We are on the 3rd block on the left, at the corner of the intersection of3rd Street, and Greenridge Road.
From Greenville: If coming in on US-264W/John P East FWY. take the Wesley Church Road Exit #66. Turn Left onto Wesley Church Road. Turn right at the intersection of US-258 & 264 Alt. Turn left at the stop light, staying on US-258 S. Take US 258 S to Snow Hill. There will be a stop light at the intersection of Hwy 91 and 258. Take a left at the stop light, into town. At the next stop light, go straight. You will see the County Court House on the right. Keep straight, and take a left onto 2nd Street. The Senior Center is on the corner ofGreenridge Road, and 2nd Street. Center will be over on the right.
- Frozen Meals, Congregate Meals
- Fitness & Health Promotion-Exercise Equipment, Senior Games, Nutrition Classes, Chair Exercise, Line Dancing, Walking Club, Flu Shots, Matter of Balance, Senior Nutrition Classes, Evidenced Based Health Promotion Classes, TOPS, Tai Chi
- Ensure Meal Supplement Program
- Health Screenings-Health Fairs, Blood Pressure, Vision & Hearing
- Insurance Counseling-SHIIP, Medicare Part-D, Medicare A & B, Supplement Plans, Health Insurance, Company Claims & Billing, Medicaid Assistance
- Tax Preparation/Counseling-AARP Tax Assistance
- Legal Services-Legal Aid of NC
- General & Medical Transportation Assistance
- Support Groups-Alzheimer’s, Family Care Givers, & Vision Loss
- Housing Assistance-Elder Housing Locator, Home Safety
- Reverse Mortgage Counseling
- Home Repair, Modification, Weatherization
- Social Security Benefits-Online Enrollment
- Job Training-Employment 55 & Beyond through Title V
- Job Placement-NC Job Link, Employment Security
- Disaster Preparedness, Planning, Response-Assistance with Special Needs Registry, Fire Safety, Emergency Kits
- Durable Medical/Assistive Devices-Walkers, Canes, Wheelchairs, Tel-Cap Phones, Library of Blind
- Hospice Care & Education
- Abuse & Fraud-Elder Abuse Hot Line, Adult Protective Services, Identify Theft & Scam Workshops
- Energy-Free Fans, Low Income Energy Assistance
- Home Health, In-Home Aid-Information & Assistance
- Adult Day Care/Health-Information & Referral
- Mental Health-Information & Referral
- Long-Term Care Facility-Information & Assistance
- Rehabilitation Services-Information & Assistance
- Respite Care-Information & Assistance
- Advance Care Planning Facilitator Services
- Family Care Giver Support Programs-Support Groups, Respite Vouchers, Caregiver Training, Home Safety Devices
- Arts & Crafts
- Spades, Bridge
- Board Games
- Adult Basic Education, Conversational Spanish Classes
- Lap Top Computer Classes
- Cable TV
- Shuffleboard, Corn Hole, Wii
- Day Trips
- Senior Dances
- Seasonal Programs & Parties
Links of Interest
Contact Information: Greene County Senior Center 104 Greenridge Road/PO Box 36, Snow Hill, NC 28580
Phone: (252) 747-5436 Fax: (252) 747-8402
Director: Sharon Harrison email@example.com Over 20 Years of Experience Working with Older Adults, Mrs. Harrison was a Department Head in a Long Term Care Facility for several years prior to becoming the Director of the Greene County Senior Center in December of 2005. Mrs. Harrison graduated from the NC Division of Aging and Adult Services' Ann Johnson Institute for Senior Center Management in October of 2010. Mrs. Harrison is a certified Senior Health Insurance Information Program-(SHIIP)-Counselor, Tai Chi Instructor, an Advanced Care Planning Facilitator, and is ServSafe Certified for Food Safety.